Unidentified Network, No Internet Access In Windows 2008 R2 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified Network, No Internet Access In Windows 2008 R2 Server

I am using windows 2008 server R2 Enterprise_x64 bit OS installed.I am facing a strange issue like unidentified network & no internet access in windows 2008 r2 which worked fine till last night. And tried in all the ways by changing the patch cord and even tried assigning different IP's which did not work but the same public IP's are working fine if i configure them in a different system or server. But if i configure a private Ip in the series of 192.168.1.1 or something like this i am able to browse for internet but can not access internet using public IP's, tried disabling firewall and even there is no router in between the server Can any one help me out in this.
    thx in advance.

Re: Unidentified Network, No Internet Access In Windows 2008 R2 Server

so your trying to configure your server with an Internet facing IP address behind a router?

i take it you have multiple static IP addresses giving to you by the service provider, or you sharing/Bridging the WAN IP with transparent routing, have you configured the router for Routing and not NAT so that the router can route traffic to your server instead of NAT.

and configure the default gateway to the Router or ISP gateway?

i hope i have understood your issue correctly and this should resolve it.

if this did indeed work untill last night then the router config must of changed.
    MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
    Attitude Makes The Difference!
    in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

Can you post a diagram of your network so we can understand what you are trying to do
      Also post an IPCONFIG/ALL from the server and, if possible, from a working computer on the same network
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply.I have two different ISP service providers, Now basically my problem is when i am trying to connect Public IP from one service provider it shows Unidentified Network, No Internet Access In Windows 2008 R2 Server, when i connect the second ISP service provider on the same LAN port it's working. Even if i assign the 192 series IP it's working.It's not accepting with that particular ISP. So any idea to fix this issue. Basically i don't have any router or firewall in between my server and ISP.

Comment

Ipconfig/all ???
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

when i try this command. it shows all the IP's configured i mean it shows the public IP add that is configured in the server.

Comment

Yes... could we please see the output?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X