Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMC could not create the snap-in

Hello,

I've just recovered from a "Windows Boot Loader" crash/error on my Windows Server 2008 R2 since then none of MMC snap-ins are working (you could see print screens below).

What I've tried:
    1. Run "sfc /scannow" - now errors were detected.
    2. Tried this with no luck: "Navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CO NFIG and Rename machine.config to machine.config.old"
    3. Ran " .NET Framework repair tool" without success, it says "cannot complete repairs".
    4. Used "System Update Readiness tool" no errors detected.

Why the MMC snap-ins are crashing ? What caused it, don't understand how a boot loader error could create such a problem.
    Please give me some advice, need to solve this asap.

Thank you in advance.

Error screenshots attached.
    Attached Files

Re: MMC could not create the snap-in

Try downloading all the x64 .Net redistributables from MS and re-installing them. I've found .Net to be fairly flaky, and have had to remove/reinstall them several times.

Once they are reinstalled, re-run your update cycle to reinstall any patches, etc., as well, and report back success/failure.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

1. Tried to re-install .NET from an *.exe with no luck it has to be done from the Add Features in Server Manager, but as I said can't get to Server Manager because of the snap-in error.
      2. Ran chkdsk - still the same error.
      3. The In-Place Upgrade process failed too because the Users Directories is not on the same partition.
      3. Tried to re-install .NET from an *.exe with no luck it has to be done from the Add Features in Server Manager, but as I said can't get to Server Manager because of the snap-in error.

I've just tested a few snap-ins and below are the ones that work (1) and the ones that doesn't work(2):

1:
      Active Directory Users and Computers
      Group Policy Editor
      Performance Monitor
      Services
      System Configuration

2:
      Computer Management
      Security Configuration Monitor
      Server Manager
      Windows Firewall
      Windows Server Backup

Don't know what to do, any help is highly appreciated.

Comment

Is it possible to boot from the DVD and use the 'Repair Installation' themed option?

Comment

There is no point of running repair at startup, I already ran sfc /scannow, no issues found.

Comment

Working...
          X