Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Error Refreshing Server Manager

Morning,

I've been battling an error on your Server 2008 R2 machine, when opening Server Manager you get an error:

Unexpected Error Refreshing Server Manager: Exception from HRESULT:0x800F0818

I've followed all the steps on all different forums about running the readiness tool and replacing the MUM and CAT files for the corrupted update but it hasn't worked.
    I've re-run the readiness tool and the same package is still saying its corrupt - am I missing something?

The error that I am getting in the CBS txt file is:

2012-07-23 13:03:31, Info CBS Mark store corruption flag because there is a mismatch between package identity and its content on package: Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~ 6.1.1.1. [HRESULT = 0x00000000 - S_OK]

Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Last edited by matt19849; 24th July 2012, 09:05.

Re: Unexpected Error Refreshing Server Manager

sfc /scannow ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I haven't tried that as of yet, I didn't want to risk the server needing a reboot or anything, its used all day and a lot of the evening too.

I was gone to try and uninstall update KB252437 and see if that helps as that's the update that's showing in the error

Comment

Ok after running an sfc /scannow I'm getting the below:

=================================
        Checking System Update Readiness.
        Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
        Package Version 15.0
        2012-07-26 19:44
        Checking Windows Servicing Packages
        Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
        (f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3 856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum Expected file name Package_for_KB2524375~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0. 1.0.mum does not match the actual file name
        (fix) CBS MUM Corrupt CBS File Replaced Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~ 6.1.1.1.mum from Cabinet: C:\Windows\CheckSur\v1.0\windows6.1-7601-x64-neutralcab.cab.
        (fix) CBS Paired File CBS File also Replaced Package_for_KB2524375_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~ 6.1.1.1.cat from Cabinet: C:\Windows\CheckSur\v1.0\windows6.1-7601-x64-neutralcab.cab.
        Checking Package Watchlist
        Checking Component Watchlist
        Checking Packages
        Checking Component Store
        Summary:
        Seconds executed: 426
        Found 1 errors
        Fixed 1 errors
        CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
        Fixed: CBS MUM Corrupt. Total count: 1
        Fixed: CBS Paired File. Total count: 1
        (w) Unable to get system disk properties 0x0000045D IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY Disk Cache

Although it says it has fixed the issue it still won't open Server Manager. I have reboot after doing the above but still no joy.

When I try to uninstall that update I just get an error:
        "An error has occurred. Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled."

I have tried uninstalling the update via command line but that fails too

Many Thanks

Comment

this seems related.
          http://www.flexlabs.org/2011/02/serv...-system-status
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I've actually followed those steps previously. I've done them again but still I'm getting the same results.

In the CheckSUR.txt it isn't saying that I have any files that are unavailable for repair. The file says it found 1 error and fixed 1 error:

Found 1 errors
            Fixed 1 errors
            CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
            Fixed: CBS MUM Corrupt. Total count: 1
            Fixed: CBS Paired File. Total count: 1

But the server manager is still coming up with the same error

Comment

try a chkdsk

Comment

Sorry for the really long delay in replying - i've tried a chkdsk but still having no joys

Comment

Quite a few hits for your error message -- have you tried the first couple of results here:
                  http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...pw.r_qf.&cad=b
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have tried all of them but nothing worked. I've been told on the technet forum to run through a repair on the OS but i'm trying to avoid this for the time being and hoping someone will know a fix

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X