No announcement yet.

Windows 2008 R2 File Server Resource Manager

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 R2 File Server Resource Manager

Hello Everyone
    This is my first post on but I have been a regular visitor of this site and have came across many solutions through this brilliant site.

I am faced with a strange issue and not been able to find any help on google so I thought to post my issue on Petri.

The issue is I have a file server in the enviornment and using File Server Resource Manager for File Screening. Everything is working as it should be except the fact that I am not able to e-mail reports from within File Server Resource Manager (FSRM). I have telnetted into exchange server from this file server and can send e-mails using telnet.

The issue is FSRM asks for FROM email address that I have created a mailbox in my exchange server but FRM doesnt asks for this mailbox password and therefore at the time of test e-mail I get an event log which is as follows.

"Log Name: Application
    Source: SRMSVC
    Date: 16/07/2012 10:55:32
    Event ID: 12306
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: LPVHOSWFS001.learningpoint.internal
    A File Server Resource Manager Service email action could not be run.
    Error-specific details:
    Error: IFsrmEmailExternal::SendMail, 0x8004531c, Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender"

I am not too sure how to get around this issue and would really appreciate your suggestions.

Many Thanks