Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

Hi All.

I have a really odd intermittent issue on a server. the server after a random amount of time fails to ping. the server is up and remote desktop answers but im unable to log in and receive the following message

'the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted'

after around 1 hour the server begins to return ping requests and i am then able to log in.

I have changed the network card, cable, port thinking that this may be the cause but i still get the same fault. I also have ipv6 unticked on the properties of the adapter.

the DC is on the same LAN and switch. no other machines have this problem.

Any help would be great.

Re: the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

Anything in the Event logs?

Comment

OS Power settings? Is the network card excluded from the power profile, or configured so that it does 'sleep'?
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

is there any pattern to this?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Can you walk over to the server and get physically onto the desktop when this happens?
          Possibly run wireshark or something to see if u can get any new clues.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
          X