Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need video tutorial for Active directory sites and services 2008

Hi Friends,

I am new in this forum. I would like to know about active directory sites and services. I have few questions.

1. What is "sites" and how does it work?
    2. What is delegation in Sites's menu?
    3. How to create new "sites"
    4. What is "subnet" and how does it work?
    5. How to create new "subnet"
    6. What is "Intersite Transport" and how does it work?
    7.What is "NTDS Setting" and how does it work?
    8. How to replicate active directory sites and services?

I would really appreciate if someone would send tutorial link (video) where I could see all the details. I tried in youtube but unfortunately I did not find any good tutorial.

Thanks a lot in advance !

Regards
    Abhimanyu

Re: Need video tutorial for Active directory sites and services 2008

Probably the best video training is from TrainSignal It isn't cheap, but the quality generally makes it well worth the price.

Dealing with some of your questions:
    1) Sites represent the physical layout of your AD - defined as a LAN separated from other sites by a slower WAN or VPN link
    3) Go into Active Directory Sites and Services, right click and "Create Site" (more or less)
    4) Subnets are IP subnets -- plenty of tutorials on subnetting. Each site must contain at least one subnet but may contain more
    5) See (3)
    6) Leave it as IP - it is the way AD data is replicated between sites. SMTP is for legacy purposes only now WAN connections are relatively fast
    8 ) Replication will generally take care of itself but you can use the command prompt tool repadmin to, among other things, force replication

Hope this helps a bit - if you tell us more about your environment, maybe we can give more focussed help.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Need video tutorial for Active directory sites and services 2008

Trainsignal is the way to go, but if there is a financial issue try youtube
      it gave me 10400 hits by just typing active directory.
      what is yr goal?

Comment

Working...
      X