Wierd FTP issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd FTP issue

I have a eally wierd issue with an FTP server I'm setting up. I have a freshly installed 2008 R2 server, with IIS7.5 adn the FTP Server feature installed, nothing else and the firewall is disabled.

If I use ANY port other than port 21 I am able to upload, download, move, rename, create and any other task I desire vian an FTP client, but if I use port 21 I can only download, and am presented with access denied errors.

I've run teh netsh commadns for creatign teh ftpsvc rule and both stateful inspection states (enabled and disabled) and even tried installing filezilla FTP server and the issue is the same. It also doesn't matter if it's anonymous or basic authentication against an domain account either.

Any ideas?

Re: Wierd FTP issue

Is this from the internet or on a LAN?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Wierd FTP issue

It includes externally through the firewall, from the internal lan and through localhost.

Comment

Working...
      X