Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DROPBOX is it secure to use for a company ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DROPBOX is it secure to use for a company ?

i noticed that dropbox is being famous but i wanted to ask is it prefered to be used on a company where computers are shared not individual computers this means a single user can access all computers?

Re: DROPBOX is it secure to use for a company ?

I used to be a fan, but came across this. The post is a bit dated, but I dont think its changed much.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

It's not for enterprise use. box.com does have enterprise rated storage, as do some other companies.

What are you trying to achieve exactly?
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Given the issues there have been with availability of online storage and sites being taken down (some of us used MegaUpload legitimately) with all data lost, plus hints that companies see your data as a marketable commodity, would you really trust ANY business data to someone else?

Link above is very interesting reading.

What are you trying to achieve -- maybe we can suggest a more secure alternative method -- your post suggests a file server should do it, or maybe SBS
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X