WDS - Capture image problems!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDS - Capture image problems!

I've recently encountered a problem with capturing on a WDS server.

Working for a school, I captured and deployed about 50 images to desktop machines using WDS. After that I proceeded to start trying to capture the image from a base laptop in order to deploy to the next 25 laptops.

After making sure I had all the driver packages installed on the correct boot image (Capture - x64) I booted into pxe... Here's where it gets weird.

I choose the proper image (Capture - x64) and it starts to boot. BUT... instead of bringing me to the page asking "Select which volume you wish to capture" it brings me to the page that asks "Select which OS you want to install." It never brings me to a capture page!

I've even tried choosing deploy instead, same result. I'm baffled as well as everyone else here.

HP ProBook 4535s
    Windows Server 2008 R2, AD, DHCP, WDS

Thanks for the help!

Re: WDS - Capture image problems!

If your image is asking about deployment, it's not a capture image. How did you make this capture image in the first place? Is it the same one you used with your previous 50 images?

Have you tried creating another new capture image just as a test?
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the response!

The image is different, I guess I should have elaborated.

The previous machines were desktops, and only 32 bit. The laptops I am trying to image now are 64 bit. I created the 64 bit capture-boot image by right clicking inside the boot images... click create capture image, go through the process of selecting the boot file..etc. and done. The process worked fine for the desktops...

Yes I did create a new capture-boot image as a test, and it still brought me to the deployment screen.

Although, after I posted the initial question, I tried using the capture-boot image for 32 bit, and it brings me to the correct screen and even brings up the volume to copy... although I'm unsure of how well it will work with 64 bit OS? Any ideas?

I'm going to try and completely make a new boot image for 64 bit... we'll see if it works. Thanks again!

Comment

Figured the issue out, corrupt capture image... I had to recreate a whole new one. Thanks for the help!

Comment

You're welcome. Rep points are appreciated!
          *RicklesP*
          MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X