Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 2008 R2 File Services (Assigning permissions to child folders in a share)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 R2 File Services (Assigning permissions to child folders in a share)

hello,

I have a really quick question...at least i think it is. Long story short, I have the root of a hard drive set up as a share. I have lots of folders on that drive. I just wanted to know, is there anyway to set up permissions to those child folders without creating a share for every folder?

In other words Group A has access to C:\data so when they click it they can get in.

However Group B does not have access to C:\Data so they get an access denied message when they click the folder.

Thanks to all that reply!

Mike

Re: Windows 2008 R2 File Services (Assigning permissions to child folders in a share)

Use NTFS permissions.

Comment

Re: Windows 2008 R2 File Services (Assigning permissions to child folders in a share)

Thanks for the reply! I was able to configure the file server using NTFS without too much trouble.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X