No announcement yet.

Installing office KMS 2010 in disconnected network

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing office KMS 2010 in disconnected network

Has anyone installed an office 2010 KMS on a server that is already doing KMS for windows 7 machines?

I have windows 7 kms working from a 2008 r2 DC, but im' trying to colocate the office 2010 KMS on the same box.

To make matters worse we dont have internet so i cannot use the standard method.

Has anyone performed this or similar on an airgapped network before?

MS instructions are here but they're not very clear IMO:

I've tried running slmgr.vbs /ipk <key> and the key was successfully installed but when i run slmgr.vbs /dlv or /dli it doesnt show anything about office 2010 KMS, ... just the windows 7 KMS server thats already installed.

Re: Installing office KMS 2010 in disconnected network

Not the same but we have our KMS server installed on the same server that issues our server licences.

Did you install the office host licence pack???

I tried to install it, it asks for your office 2010 kms host key.. so i put it in, but then it goes off to the internet to activate and it errors - obviously because we have no internet connection.

I presume it installed the appropriate files beforehand, but i'm not sure how to tell?

Technet says:

Activating a KMS host by telephone

If your KMS host does not have an Internet connection, you can activate the KMS host by telephone.

To activate a KMS host by telephone

Run the following command under C:\Windows\system32. The result is the installation ID for Office 2010. You will type this installation ID number into the telephone in Step 3.

cscript slmgr.vbs /dti bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864

The bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864 value is the Office 2010 activation ID. Paste this value exactly as shown. We recommend pasting this number into Notepad, and then breaking up the number into six groups of six numbers.

Yet when i type in cscript slmgr.vbs /dti bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864 it comes up saying "error: product not found"

Last edited by Cola123; 1st June 2012, 02:43. Reason: clarity

ok, i've actually resolved this issue.... and found another issue and resolved that as well.

once i've managed to calm down from how angry microsoft has made me, i'll come back and update.

I installed the KMS Host licence pack and it and inputted the KMS host key, and was then recieved an error because the server could not access the internet.

If i typed in cscript slmgr.vbs /dti bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864 it cames up saying "error: product not found"

However, if i tyed in cscript slmgr.vbs /dlv all it showed all the licences on the server and included the office 2010 kms licence, with an activation ID of bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864 and a partial key which corresponded to what i typed in w hen i ran the kms host licence pack .exe. So basically it was there and installed but throwing up a lame error for no reason.

I was then able to take copy the installation id shown in the /dlv all command output and ring microsoft and perform the phone activation.

I then ran the command: cscript slmgr.vbs /atp <confirmation id> <activation id> which advised that it was installed successfully.

running the command: cscript slmgr.vbs /dlv bfe7a195-4f8f-4f0b-a622-cf13c7d16864 now showed the Office 2010 KMS info and showed that it was licenced.

After that I tried to activate office on the workstations but soon realised that the KMS count was not going up. For some reason when i ran sysprep /generalize when creating my image it didnt remove the office 2010 CMID from the machine, so all machines imaged had the same CMID and the KMS host thought that all the requests were coming from the machine.

This was resolved by running C:\program files(x86)\common files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatofrm\ospprearm. exe on each affected workstation. This wiped the CMID for office on that machine. A new CMID is generated when office is opened next. And once 5 workstations had had this performed, all started activating

Hope this helps someone one day!

Excellent write up.

Many thanks for posting back with your fix. It is much appreciated.