2008 R2 Firewall "Change Settings" Greyed Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 R2 Firewall "Change Settings" Greyed Out

My terminal server is part of a domain. There are 2 servers, a DC, and a TS, i just created them 1 hour ago. On the terminal server, when I go to Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allow a Program or Feature Through Windows Firewall.......the "Change Settings" tab is greyed out.

any ideas?
    Last edited by Kobe 310; 29th May 2012, 16:09.

Re: 2008 R2 Firewall "Change Settings" Greyed Out

It is probably locked down via Group Policy and/or you don't have the rights to change it. Are you the Domain admin?

Comment

yes, they're VM's, just spun them up, i dont know where in the group policy they would be controlled at. I have been looking everywhere, have been searching the web, can't find anything that works.

If it is controlled by the DC, would it be under user or computer, a little confused by that, does the gp policy of the domain controller named "computer" control just the DC's computer, or any computer attatched to the domain?

Thanks

Comment

If a group policy is attached to the domain, or the TS is in an OU with a policy for the OU, it will fall under the policy. There is a specific DomainControllers OU which has at least one policy attached for DCs only
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

this would be the default group policy applied when you set up a server.

I found an article yesterday that said if the button was greyed out, that the button had been pressed. So i guess what i'm looking at is what i would see if i pressed the buuton. .....Hours of research for nothing

Comment

Working...
          X