Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on Centrally Managed AV/Spyware Products

Hello,

I am curious as to what products you all might recommend for the following scenario -

- Need AV / spyware protection with centrally managed console
    - 20 Win2k8 servers (most are VM's)
    - 100 Win7 Workstations
    - 2 sites
    - a couple Mac's
    - Internet SPAM / AV is currently hosted and working fine - no real issues there
    - All AV is currently expired at this currently company (about 70 users)
    - The problems come from users surfing to sites they shouldn't and getting spyware (this is a whole other issue which we are slowing addressing)

Several years ago, I used Symantec to centrally manage updates, installs, status before in much larger environment and it was an ok product. I see tons of choices, reviews, and protection options out there and was hoping a few suggestions from the Petri crew.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Suggestions on Centrally Managed AV/Spyware Products

I would recommend Sophos. They cater for OSX as well.
    The Endpoint agent includes a Web control option which does web filtering for about 16 categories which you could manage centrally.
    But as you may notice you'll get various responses based on what folks are used to work with.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I have heard good things about Sophos. Currently we use Trend OfficeScan as our managed AV but it really lacks in the malware/spyware area. Nothing is perfect these days thats why AV isn't enough. IPS, Content Filtering and Web filtering are mandatory now.
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

We are going through this process at the moment.

Our current vendor is McAfee and i personally think it is garbage. Didn't pick up an infestaion that we had on clients that the server AV picked up when it started dumping files on the servers.

Comment

McAfee used to be one of my favorites, usually better in there updating mechanism.
          I've used McAfee a long time together with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.

As gateway device I would recommend to you to have a look at Cisco Ironport.

Microsoft is really garbage. If someone recommend that... well let me say this; run, run RUN!
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Another vote for Sophos. They always win the Gartner survey for ease of management, the support is good and Enterprise Console includes Web Filtering, Device Lockdown and Network Access Control as well as AV/Anti-Malware. There's also a Web Protection agent that blocks access to known malware sites etc.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X