DFS ? on Server 2008 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS ? on Server 2008 R2

I have two servers hosting a dfs share, one is local to me and the other in another state. How can I make the primary server the remote server? When i set it up i set the primary as the local server, then i replicated the share, then i shipped the server to the new location. Now i want to reverse that and have the remote server as the primary server, meaning when they pull up the namespace it will point to the remote server first. The only way I saw to set the primary was during the setup process, cant seem to find how to change it after it has been setup.

Re: DFS ? on Server 2008 R2

Set referral priorities:
    Find the remote folder target in DFS manager/namespaces
    Right click -- properties -- advanced
    Override referral ordering -- first among all targets

(note this was checked on a domain namespace -- I assume it is the same for standalone if thats what you have)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks OSSIAN!

Comment

No problem -- glad to have helped
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X