DPM server doesn't see a client server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPM server doesn't see a client server

I am using DPM 2010 to do backups of all of my servers - the vast majority of them work quite well.

I am trying to add a new server (2008 R2) to a protection group. I installed the DPM client on the server (using the command line with the argument of the DPM server). But when I modify the protection group, the new server is not listed.

So I look in the Management tab at the Agents the server sees. The client computer is not listed.

So now I try to install the client from the server. In the wizard, the client is listed and I pick it. The next screen asks me for the creditials - I type in the userid/pass of the DPMUser account we use and get the message:

I KNOW that account works (I even logged on to the client server with the account & pass).

I'm stumped. Advice?

Re: DPM server doesn't see a client server

Try

DOMAINNAME\DPMUser (I presume that is what its meant to be. The account in the screenshot is DMPUser)

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Try

DOMAINNAME\DPMUser (I presume that is what its meant to be. The account in the screenshot is DMPUser)
      I am a moron. Spelling the username correctly worked (without the domainname).

Comment

Originally posted by CNBarnes View Post
        I am a moron. Spelling the username correctly worked (without the domainname).
        Hee hee hee. Easily done and we've all done it.

Comment

Working...
        X