Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starwind software expires and need to reinstall for my existing cluster

Hi everyone,

I have existing cluster environment with serivices/application running on my clustersetup. but starwind software in my domain machine is about to expire.

uninstall from controlpanel and installing again starwind will work?

If install is success, Can I get the target image files as like earlier?

do I need to shutdown my cluster before uninstall and install the starwind?

please help...this is being used as test environment for cluster demo purposes...

i am using windows 2008 R2 datacenter edition+vm ware workstation 7.1+starwind 4.0 build

Re: starwind software expires and need to reinstall for my existing cluster

Why don't you just buy the software.

Comment

Starwind have got their own support forum where I think you can get further with this, maybe backing up and restoring starwind.cfg: http://www.starwindsoftware.com/forums/
      However I suspect they'll also tell you what wullieb1 did.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Why don't you just buy the software.
        actually we cant afford to buy this.....as said it is for just for learning cluster purpose

looking for any option like reinstalling to make it work for more time

Comment

l4NDY,

can you tell me the steps to backing and restoring the starwind.cfg file.....

will that restoring be done after installing starwind software on box? or just replacing with new starwind.cfg file?

pls help

Comment

You need to talk to starwind.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by satee View Post
              actually we cant afford to buy this.....as said it is for just for learning cluster purpose

looking for any option like reinstalling to make it work for more time
              But your using it in production.

Using software after the test period is classed as pirating and is not condoned on these forums.

Comment

I've already replied to you on StarWind support forum.

In a nutshell: V4 you're using is nearly FIVE years old and you need to replace it in any case (no idea where you've got one...). And if you're fine with free version features and support plan restrictions go register and grab a fresh copy of V5.8 free of charge. It's a couple of minutes and everybody would be happy.

Hope this helped.

-nismo

P.S. Sorry, cannot post URLs as I'm not allowed to.

Comment

Originally posted by BNR34 View Post
                  I've already replied to you on StarWind support forum.

In a nutshell: V4 you're using is nearly FIVE years old and you need to replace it in any case (no idea where you've got one...). And if you're fine with free version features and support plan restrictions go register and grab a fresh copy of V5.8 free of charge. It's a couple of minutes and everybody would be happy.

Hope this helped.

-nismo

P.S. Sorry, cannot post URLs as I'm not allowed to.
                  Thanks for posting nismo. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X