Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nating On Windows 2008 R2

Hi,

I want to configure NAT On windows 2008 R2.
    Purpose is Remote users should be use this server for running there application.

Using ADSL router I have Configured this with static IP address and the Ethernet cable of Modem is connected in My Local network Switch All users configured with 192.168.0.1 as default gateway.

Some remote users how can Acess this server I found that NAT can be resolved this Need help on same.

Basic Information Which I gathered 2 NIC on windows 2008 r2

waht Ip addresses i have to configure on this pls suggest.

Re: Nating On Windows 2008 R2

Can you elaborate on exactly what you objective is. I do not see the connection between remote users running applications on this server and NAT.

Do you really mean that you want to allow internet users to remotely access this server? If so, you do not need to install NAT on the server if you have a typical consumer grade router connected to your modem. On the internet router, you enable port forwarding and map the external IP/port to your server's internal IP/port. That's it...

If you do not have an internet router and plan to directly connect the server to a dsl modem, the server needs some type of PPoE software to connect to the internet. Then the server itself binds to the public IP, fully exposing the server to the internet, which would suggest that you would need to firewall the server, etc...

Again, maybe I am reading too much into this and just do not fully understand what you are trying to accomplish.
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting
    http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Ohhh Yes I searched on port forwarding this resolved my query !

Thaanks !

Comment

Good to hear that you resolved your issue.
        JM @ IT Training & Consulting
        http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Working...
        X