Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server 2008 r2 "No internet access" when on DMZ but internet access when on the LAN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 r2 "No internet access" when on DMZ but internet access when on the LAN

Any Ideas on this one. I have a 2008r2 Std ed, 64bit web server running in VM Ware ESXi5. When I put it on the local subnet, it identifies the network as the local domain and i have internet access. When I change it to the virtual switch that connects it to the dmz and change the IP address and defaultgateway to that of the DMZ, it comes back as an "unidentified network" - "No internet access". Both the defaultgatways (For the LAN and the DMZ) are on the same sonic wall and traffic can route between the LAN port and the DMZ port on the SonicWall. Also, when the server is in the DMZ, the server IP is natted to a public IP on the firewall. I have tried changing the group policy so an unidentified network is seen as "private" and that didn't work. IDEAS??????

Re: Server 2008 r2 "No internet access" when on DMZ but internet access when on the L

Can you ping the gateway when in the DMZ???

Comment

Re: Server 2008 r2 "No internet access" when on DMZ but internet access when on the L

Yes, the gateway is pingable but not beyond. I put my laptop in the DMZ and can also ping the laptop from the server. The laptop can get out but not the server.

Comment

Can you post an IPCONFIG/ALL from both the server and the (working) laptop?
        Have you tried disabling the server firewall completely and trying again?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you can get to your gateway but not through the gateway then start by checking rules, ACL's etc on the gateway.

Comment

Configure your Internet connection from TCP/IP >> IPV4 or IPV6 then your internet connection start working.

Comment

Working...
            X