ad time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ad time

what is the command for finding time source(reference server) for workstation (from workstation).
    Logon server of the machine shows proper time, the workstation is behind 1hour.
    Last edited by mla; 28th March 2012, 16:32.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: ad time

if the workstation is behind one hour, its most likely a time zone issue (or daylight savings).

keep in mind that the computers will sync their time according to GMT and then show the "display" time by applying the time zone information.
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting
    http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

net time /querysntp (windows XP) or (from an elevated command prompt) w32tm /query /configuration

If they are in a domain they should show something like a nt5ds which means they are syncing from the local server in the domain structure.
      Two things:
      1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
      2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

to JM: time zone is fine. No internet time tab (connected to domain).

To Draenok: please see the pic.

test XP is member of Domaine computers only.
        Not depend on user profile (tried few).
        What happens with machine. Other guy worked on replication.

How to make it to read time from DC?
        Thanks,
        Michael.
        Attached Files
        "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

JM,
          yest it was daylite savings issue.
          XP vm that was installed had sp3. I was sure that it had the patch for DST. Plus, it was patched from WSUS. What I found that the patch didn't exist on WSUS. The phisycal pc's are deployed from the image that was patched. That's why I didn't see the problem before....
          Imported the patch to wsus from MS catalog... DONE.

And just to add to the Draenok's answer to my question "how to find the time server name from the workstatons":
          simply - "net time" (without switches) is fine for both XP and W7

Thanks.
          Last edited by mla; 30th March 2012, 16:10.

Comment

good to hear you resolved the issue. thanks for the update.
            JM @ IT Training & Consulting
            http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Working...
            X