Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Manager doesn't see the ISCSI Disks but One

Hi all,

I have a SAN HP MSA P2000 and multiple volumes mapped to different machines.
    I have succesfully managed to map 1 iSCSI volume to a windows server 2008r2 machine a while ago. Now I wanted to add another volume, (from the same SAN target) to the same machine;
    After I have mapped the volume to the host (from san), now in iSCSI initiator on the server I can't detect the 2nd volume; Nor in disk management;
    The 1st iscsi volume is still detected in initiator and shows up in disk management;
    The target is listed as discovered and connected in initiator on the server;

What should I do to force detect the new volume?
    Rescan disks doesn't discover the volume;
    I can't afford to disconnect the target and lose the currently mapped drive;
    I can't reboot the server cause it';s highly critical

Thanks in advance;

SAN config:
    Host View [ID (iqn.1991-05.com.microsoftNS NAME SERV Name (hostname) Profile (Standard) ] Mapping:
    Name Serial Number LUN Access Ports
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    san_bckpvolume002 00c0ffxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx01000000 220 read-write A1,A2,B1,B2
    san_bckpvolume401 00c0ffxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxf01000000 401 read-write A1,A2,B1,B2

Re: Disk Manager doesn't see the ISCSI Disks but One

problem solved.
    windows server2008r2 doesn't get along with lun names greater than 30x something;
    So all I had to do was to re-map the volumes and assign lower LUNs from the 100 range for example.
    it immediately worked.

topic CLOSED.

Comment

Re: Disk Manager doesn't see the ISCSI Disks but One

Thanks for posting back and sharing your solution with the rest of the Community. It is much appreciated and well done on finding the answer.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X