• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name renaming problem !

Hi guys!
    Server 2008 R2 64bit
    After I installed it i saw that i had the name wrong
    It was with the name dc.test1.local and I renamed it with the rendom tool to dc.test2.local and everything was fine.
    After a while i've noticed that the gpmc is not working. I looked up the pc name and the Full computer name was dc.test1.local on domain test2.local. Please help !
    Last edited by gzgz; 22nd March 2012, 13:23.

Re: Domain name renaming problem !

How long has it been since you renamed the domain?
    Can you just rebuild or have you invested a bunch of work in this test domain?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Its been about a month since ive renamed it. EventID 1053 started to show in event viewer and after a quick review i saw the name prob. When I start gpmc the error is popping up - "The specified domain controller could not be contacted. This affect the following domain in the console: test1.local. Ive been trying to switch it to test2.local with the option "Choose different domain controller" but I couldnt. Anyway....I will rebuild it. I couldnt see any solution

Comment

We could start digging and try and find out what is wrong but since this is a test environment the easiest way forward would be to rebuild. If you had invested a lot of time and effort in the configuration then maybe it would be worth troubleshooting the issue.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Ill rebuild it. Thanks for the help anyway Jeremy!

Comment

Working...
          X