routing in windows server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• routing in windows server 2008

actually iam using windows server 2008 inside vmware workstation 8 beta.Now i want to connect two different networks with windows 2008 as router.so for that i physically have one nic in my pc.so for connecting two different networks i should have two nic virtually in vmware how to do that???

Re: routing in windows server 2008

Are you trying to route between virtual guests? Assign the server two virtual NICs and enable RRAS. Create two VM guests and assign each guest to one of the two NICs so that the 2008 server is connected to the networks of each guest.

Are you trying to route between the guests and the physical host? Assign the 2008 server two NICs. One will be bridged with the host, the other a private network. Enable RRAS. Add a NAT interface so that you do not have to worry about routes within your LAN. Place the guest VMs on the same virtual NIC as the 2008 server's 'private' side NIC.

Can you elaborate on which networks you want to route between?
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting
    http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

Re: routing in windows server 2008

ok i will tell the scenario what iam doing actually sir now i have windows server 2008 as a router in vmware and two guest os in same vmware one is 10.10.10.5 and other is 192.168.1.1 and their default gateway is server ip address .yes iam using every thing in vmware.now in windows server 2008 i went to c networks and sharing centre there is only one connection tat is local area connection.now i want two connection right??/

Comment

Working...
      X