Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk assigned to wrong volume in Diskpart

Hi All

Need a diskpart expert here I think, or another way to edit disk details.

I have a Server 2008 R2 Raid 5 array that was degraded, at the same time the main HDD failed. I've re-installed the OS but when the drives were recognised by the Disk Management console, it has replicated the RAID 5 volume which has 6 disks (now Volume 0 and Volume 1) and assigned a single disk to Volume 0 and the other 5 disks into Volume 1.

The disk that is incorrectly sitting in the duplicate Volume (lets say that's Vol 0) has the right path and target in its detail, so I'd like a way to extract the disk from Vol 0 and drop it into Vol 1 so that I can delete Volume 0 and perform a repair on Vol 1.

Can anyone help here?

Re: Disk assigned to wrong volume in Diskpart

you can't add another disk to a RAID5 volume like that... you need to rebuild the whole array.
    it's done at the array controller level not diskpart.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      you can't add another disk to a RAID5 volume like that... you need to rebuild the whole array.
      it's done at the array controller level not diskpart.
      This is a JBOD array on the SATA controller, and the RAID 5 is actually the standard Win 2008 software RAID implementation. So there are no volumes on the hardware SATA/RAID controller itself.

Is it possible to remove all the columes then have diskpart or some other software manually add them back into an array without losing the data?

Comment

nope.. unforutnately not.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X