Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client disconnects due to error in the protocol stream

Hi

I am getting kicked off RDP sessions and I can see these errors in the event log on the server

Client disconnects due to error in the protocol stream X has disconnected client. Client IP XXXX

Any ideas what it could be ?

John

Re: Client disconnects due to error in the protocol stream

Anything in event logs on both server and client?
    What client OS and RDP software version?
    Any helpful results?
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...w=1232&bih=854
    Last edited by Ossian; 4th March 2012, 14:34.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes on server

Client disconnects due to error in the protocol stream X has disconnected client. Client IP XXXX

Not looked at the clients. Google suggests RDP client 7.00 and update NIC on server

Comment

could someone be trying to shadow them ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi

What does shadow mean ?

Comment

Monitoring, but not interacting with, another users RDP session
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

when you logon via RDP, if there are other users connected, you can "shadow" or remote control them. (Shadow is actually the citrix term)

to see what I mean, logon to a server, and then get a colleague to logon as well
              then go to task manager > users
              It'll show you the list of users.

you can then right click on the other usre and you get a context menu with "send message, connect, disconnect, log off, remote control"

remote control will send them a message asking if the administrator can remote control.

i have seen scenarios where it breaks things.. I actually suspect it's due to mismatched screen resolution sizes, (that thought only just occured to me this very moment.)
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X