Trust relation between two identical domains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust relation between two identical domains

I have created domain at home with the same name as at work. I also created same administrator's password.
    Reason I did this is because I'm using a laptop and I thought it would be easier if I don't have to enter credentials each time I change environment.
    However, I have a problem now. Each time my computer gets locked, I must unplug ethernet cable in order to log in. I get message like "this computer doesn't have trust relation... something"

Can I somehow manage this trust? Do I have to make it inside one forest?
    If so, is it possible to connect this server to work domain by using TeamViewer VPN?

Thanks

Re: Trust relation between two identical domains

The same domain and password do not matter as it is the SIDs that count. You will have to flatten one domain (probably the home one) and create a new one in the same forest as work (VPN needed -- don't know how TeamViewer works for this).

Note I said names do not matter, but obviously you cannot have two domains with the same name in the same forest.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X