folder properties in external drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folder properties in external drive

Hey guys, Im kinda puzzled with this one. Sbs 2003 didnt have this behavior.
    The thing is that Im trying to put some domain users in certain folders in an external drive. Sadly, in locations, I dont have the domain to choose.

I have read that it could be that the dns is not properly setup but its not the case:

thanks for any hint guys.

Re: folder properties in external drive

i'm going to suggest that the \\Lacie device is not a member of the domain, ergo, you cannot add domain security principals to it.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Is the screenshot from your DC -- if not, something very wrong with the DNS address you are using

Ditto on tehcamel -- if LACIE is a NAS device, it will almost certainly not be a domain member so cannot have domain security. Check its web management console for security options (and tell us the model so someone who has one can confirm)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Check how it is formatted it should be ntfs

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your hints. Its a NAS device. So I believe I would have to admin it from the console it provides. In sbs 2003, the attached external device its usb, thats why I could put it under the domain.
          That clarifies things.
          Thanks guys

Comment

Correct -- USB devices are local so will pick up security from the host. NAS devices are separate -- some higher end ones may have integrated domain security, but most don't
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X