Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming profiles and Outlook 2007

Hi All,

I have just created my first roaming profile, the second step would have been roaming outlook.pst file but I stumbled upon this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/a...n-t-do-it.aspx

How can I configure outlook to follow me when I move from one client to the other?

Thanks,

Alberto

Re: Roaming profiles and Outlook 2007

In the roaming profile -- it is not a network file as it is copied to the client at logon and copied back to the LAN at logoff
    Remember a very large PST will slow down both processes
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian, what other options we have?

Comment

If you are using Exchange, no local cached mailbox at all. If no Exchange, not a lot

Note the "do not connect to a network PST" is a recommendation -- nothing stops you doing it, but there is risk of corruption etc.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks.

We use SmarterMail (http://www.smartertools.com/smarterm...-software.aspx) on our web server, would it help someway? They call it "The Microsoft Exchange Alternative"...

Comment

Working...
          X