Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall all Microsoft patchs via WSUS for only one server

Hi all,

I have a print server on windows 2000 SP4 and i update all the patch Microsoft (50) via wsus.
    After the reboot the print server doesn't work. I manually uninstall the 50 kbs .

Is it possible to use WSUS 3.0 SP2 to roll back all Microsoft patch for only one server ?

Thanks

Tdbchess

Re: Uninstall all Microsoft patchs via WSUS for only one server

Yes -- with reservations
    Put the server in a computer group of its own and approve the updates for uninstall for that group only

Remember not all updates are uninstallable, though!

Win2000 (with or without an SP) is well past its sell-by date, and really you should look at updating it to something far more recent!

Also, this is why you should have a test environment, to make sure updates are not going to totally wreck your production systems.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks for the reply.

I have the same problem for a windows server 2003 R2 SP2 with bes Express installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Yes -- with reservations
        Put the server in a computer group of its own and approve the updates for uninstall for that group only

Remember not all updates are uninstallable, though!

Win2000 (with or without an SP) is well past its sell-by date, and really you should look at updating it to something far more recent!

Also, this is why you should have a test environment, to make sure updates are not going to totally wreck your production systems.
        Ok I create a group "RollBack" and i move the computer on it.
        So now what can i do now ?

Thanks
        Last edited by tdbchess; 6th March 2012, 18:22.

Comment

Approve the updates for UNINSTALL for that group
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ok but does i need to create a new GPO and link it on a new OU "RollBack" ... for example? or simply just the fact that the computer is on a new group with approval for suppression is efficient ?

thx

tdbchess

Comment

Nope.

Leave all your settings as they are and just move the computer into the group then set all available updates to uninstall for that group.

Comment

Working...
              X