No announcement yet.

implement 802.1x

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• implement 802.1x

i have 2008 domain and i tried to add the "Authentication" tab at my XP sp3 machines , i manage to add it with GPO with those instructions

but all the time the "validate server certificate" tab is chacked i cannot remove the check box , please assist

pen the Group Policy Management snap-in.
    2. In the console tree, expand Forest, expand Domains, and then click the name of your domain to which your wired clients belong.
    3. On the Linked Group Policy Objects pane, right-click the appropriate Group Policy Object. Then click Edit.
    (Or you can run "GPME" insteading of step 1/2/3)
    4. navigate to Computer Configuration\Policies \Windows Settings\ Security Settings\System Services. In the details pane, double-click Wired AutoConfig.
    In the Wired AutoConfig Properties dialog box, select the Define This Policy Setting check box, select Automatic, and then click OK.
    5. In the console tree, navigate to Computer Configuration\ Policies \Windows Settings\Security Settings\Wired Network (IEEE 802.3) Policies.
    6. Right-click Wired Network (IEEE 802.3) Policies, and then click Create A New Windows Vista Policy.
    7. On the General tab, type a name for the policy and a description.
    8. On the Security tab, specify the EAP type, authentication mode, and other settings as needed.
    9. Click OK.