Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal server TS theme Crashing

Hi all

Ok I have a customer running 2008sp2 TS server, we are having issues with the server hanging and have narrowed it doen to TS theme being the culprit.
    disabling the TS theme fixes the problem, but then no one can print properly from outlook on the terminal server.

Not been able to find out very much about how to get round this, hence the question.

any patches / ideas on how to fix this would be great, currently ther server is OK for a few weeks then hangs.

this is a virtual server on a 'free, HP' VMWare box, which is also hosting SBS 2008 and an old 2003 TS server, not that I can see that making any difference, but thought I would mention it!

thanks

Cliff

Re: Terminal server TS theme Crashing

I don't understand how a theme would stop printing from working.. ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How are you "disabling the theme"? Stopping the service?
      Try removing the "desktop experience" feature

And more detail about the printing issue please -- outlook only? what printer?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        How are you "disabling the theme"? Stopping the service?
        Try removing the "desktop experience" feature

And more detail about the printing issue please -- outlook only? what printer?
        Yep, thats actually what I meant, the desktop experience, if that is removed then printing stops from outlook, and so does the crashing.

what we want is just the printing feature from the desktop experience to beable to carry on printing and dump the rest

Comment

Working...
        X