Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Script

Hello All,

I bought a new server to replace an older server, and I have switched everything over successfully except the login script. I am using Active Directory for it, not the Group Policy method. The goal is to map the network drives to workstations on the startup of the computer. I have entered in the new server name in place of the old server, and still there are errors on the workstations that say no path is found for all of the network drives...any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Login Script

have you created the shares on the new server?
    can the workstations resolve the fqdn of the new server?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

IIRC mapping drives cannot be done until a user logs on, not at startup
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Can you post the login script and the share and ntfs permissions?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thank you for the replies, after looking at the script I found that there was a space in between Shared Folders, so I had to put " " around the entire location. After this it works flawlessly. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X