Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help in configuration of Wild Card SSL

Hi,

I have a website and also sub domains for the same website and i am trying to install wildcard SSL but when i am trying to browse the web site i am getting your connection to the website xyz.com is encrypted with 128 -bit encryption. How everthis page includes other resources which can be viewed by others while in transit and can be modified.

So can any one help how to configure this Wild Card SSL with out any issues.

thx in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Need Help in configuration of Wild Card SSL

The error you posted and the screenshot you posted are unrelated.

your connection to the website xyz.com is encrypted with 128 -bit encryption. How everthis page includes other resources which can be viewed by others while in transit and can be modified.
    This means that there is encrypted and unencrypted content on the page.

The HTTPS with a line through it means the SSL certificate is untrusted. Did you get your SSL certificate signed by a 3rd party? Did you create the site and are you pulling resources from other locations than the site you created?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

hi thx for the information,

if you don't mind can you brief me in detail in how to configure this. i taken the SSL from godaddy and deployed on the website

Comment

You need to make sure you install the intermediate certificates on the server hosting the website. GoDaddy has step-by-step instructions on their website.

I might be able to give you more information if you tell us more about your setup. Are you using IIS? Are you running Windows? What version? Did you build the site or is it something you bought?
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

ya i am using Windows 2003 server with IIS installed.we built the site i installed the SSL certificate from go daddy and deployed on my server. but still i get this error

Comment

try to add your certificate in trusted root and trusted publishers and check if you get the same error.

Comment

I would not add your certificate to the trusted root or trusted publishers unless you are only going to use the site on one computer.

I'll ask again, have you installed the intermediate certificates? Did you follow GoDaddy's instructions when installing the certificate?
              http://help.godaddy.com/article/4875
              Regards,
              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
              X