Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site to Site VPN

Hello,

Im trying to confige a site to site VPN with RRAS on server 2008 R2. Im useing PPTP as the protocol. I setup the demand-dial interface to reach the other server. I get an error when trying to connect to the main site. An error occured suring connection of the interface. "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection." Im usein the main site server domain administrator account and gave the administrator account access to dial in. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Site to Site VPN

what was the error number ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

It does not give me a error number. I can vpn wit hteh server through "setup a new connection or network" ut not the demand dial feature in rras.

Comment

I hate to ask, but why you are using RRAS to do your site-to-site VPNs -- normally routers do a far more effective job
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

well I guess RRAS is technically a router.. but im useing a dynamic ip with a cable modem, so not much of a choice but to use MS.

Comment

DynDNS or similar?

(I have set up router-to-router VPNs with dynamic IPs at both ends and, as long as there is some client to update DynDNS, there have been no problems)
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well, its a dynamic IP but the modem and server are always up so i have had the same IP for about 2 years now. thats not really a problem. Does anyone know of any walk thrught possibly. I found a video but its not in english.

Comment

What make / model of router do you have at each end of the VPN?

(also, have you asked your ISP for static IPs? Many will give them out free or at minimal cost)
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Im useing Microsoft server 2008 r2 RRAS as the routers... and the IP's are not the issue because they never change.

Comment

Working...
                  X