Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help! - Event ID:1085 Windows failed to apply the Scripts settings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! - Event ID:1085 Windows failed to apply the Scripts settings.

I have been searching every where on the internet to resolve this issue. The event occurs every 5 minutes. "The Default Domain Policy" and The "Default Domain controller" Policy are linked to the Domain. There is no scripts in them. I ran RSOP and receive a script cannot be found but it does not tell me the location or what GPO. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need Help! - Event ID:1085 Windows failed to apply the Scripts settings.

Seen this

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...03(WS.10).aspx

Comment

I have checked out this url. It has not given me any usable information. Do you have any other suggestions.

Comment

Go through your GPO's and check them all one by one.

Comment

Can you try reregistering the script client side extension?
          regsvr32 GPtext.dll
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I have gone through the GPO and checked them one by one. None of them have scripts running.

@L4ndy - I am getting this error on the server and multiple end user computer's. Should I reregister the cse on the server or the end users.

Thanks

Comment

I am still having trouble with this GPO script. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

It's a client side extension so try it on one of the affected clients.
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I have tried reregistering it on the server and on the client. The problem still persists. It keeps. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X