Web Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Server

Hello Friends, I am having a machine running as web server on windows server 2008 R2. I am connected to internet and bought static public ip address too. So, Now when I am browsing that web server with the public ip address from some where else; its working. I am having as problem to resolve this ip address with the website name. I want to open the webserver with a name instead of ip address.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Web Server

Go to your public DNS control panel (at your ISP?) and create a record e.g. www.domain.com pointing to the public IP address

If you don't have an existing domain, there are many people who will sell you one
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

For this you need to register a domain name and point the Nameservers at the domain registrar to your public IP address.

Few domain registrar service providers are godaddy, register.com ..
      Last edited by mohanmathew; 19th January 2012, 10:57.
      Mohan Mathew[VU3MMU]
      MCITP [AD]

Comment

But how ? please let me know the procedure to do so ?

Comment

How can i access public dns control panel and can create a record of my domain there ?

Comment

When you bought the domain, you should have been given a link to manage it
            (different providers have different panels)
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Once you get a new domain name from any of these service providers, they will give you a control panel where you can add the DNS entries such as NS, A and MX.

Create new nameserver entries and append the same nameserver entries at your local DNS server.
              Mohan Mathew[VU3MMU]
              MCITP [AD]

Comment

@ECHO OFF
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

oops! really sorry, didn't mean to echo anything. Didn't see your reply. started typing at the same time
                  Mohan Mathew[VU3MMU]
                  MCITP [AD]

Comment

Thanks a lot friends, I got it now. thank you very much once agian.

Comment

Working...
                    X