Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reinstall WSUS with old settings,updates,content etc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstall WSUS with old settings,updates,content etc?

Hi All,

I have got following situation

1. wsus 3.0 sp2 was installed on windows server 2008 R2

2. For troubleshooting wsus, I had to unininstall asp.net services

3. This also removed wsus, but I asked it to leave the wsus updates, content, database etc on server

4. I have to now reinstall wsus after re-adding asp.net services

5. I want to do wsus 3.0 sp2 installation in a way that it uses updates, content and db etc from old wsus

I cannot find a guide or steps to do this. Can someone please tell how can I do that?

Many Thanks

Re: Reinstall WSUS with old settings,updates,content etc?

reinstall
    Stop services
    Put backed up data in new location
    Start services
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for your reply tehcamel

I am not clear about how would I point new installation of WSUS to use old updates. For example my old updates are located at w:\updates. And then there are two folders in there (UpdateServicesDbFiles, WsusContent). I believe these are the folders which contain old wsus content and database.

Please tell me if I am right in gathering following from your reply

1. Start wsus installation, give it a new path to store updates during installation. For example D:\Updates

2. Stop services

3. Copy the two folders (UpdateServicesDbFiles, WsusContent) from w:\updates and paste into D:\Updates

4. Start Services

This will make new installation of WSUS to use old updates and content, is that right?

Thanks
      Last edited by outstream; 11th January 2012, 11:07.

Comment

I beleive it should do, yes.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X