Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print Migration from Win2003R2 32bit to Win2008R2 64bit not functioning properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Migration from Win2003R2 32bit to Win2008R2 64bit not functioning properly

Hello Friends,

We use the Print Management functionality of Windows 2008 server to migrate the existing printers from win2003 R2 server to Win 2008 R2 server. We already have 64bit drivers installed for the printers in win2003 server.

When i migrate the printer (Export them from win2003 using Print management and import the file to win200, the printer settings are not same as the source server. If its few printers, then manual reconfig is fine. But what if i have 100-200 or more printers? Its difficult to do the manual reconfig of the settings (Like paper type, paper size, duplex, color option, profile etc)

We mostly use HP Universal Printer drivers and Xerox Global printer drivers in our environment.

I have 2 queries here.
    1. How can we make the tool to migrate the settings too without any issues?
    2. While migration, will i be able to upgrade the driver version and load it in the new server?

For the 2nd one, i googled and found that using printbrm command line tool, and using a config file this can be done. But this is not working at all. Whatever i specify in the config file, printbrm is not using the config file and it just migrates the driver same like the source server. Its not changing the driver.

Please help!!
    Last edited by Sessuinu; 26th November 2011, 09:15. Reason: to change the title
Working...
X