please help,not able to multicast to wds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help,not able to multicast to wds

I am using server 2008r2.I installed wds in server properties multicast I am using use the ip address from following 229.0.0.1 range and in transfer tab I am using keep all clients at same speed and also tried seperate clients into 2 sessions).I am using the simplest autocase.I have install image and boot image of server 2008r2. After adding install.wim to install image and boot.wim to boot image.I right clicked multicast and choose create a multicast transmission.
    Now the problem

The loading of files started with ip address of 192.168.137.100 which is ip address of wds. when I right click the created multicast trasnmission it shows active status but the number of clients connected stays zero. So means the loading of files which happened is not being done by multicast(none clients connected status in properties of multicast name created,and loading of files is not being done by 229.0.0.1 which would have been multicast). So please help me,where Am I wrong? I am using dhcp dc on same computer. On creating wds I checked both checkboxes for option 60 bla bla. But I have not configured anything in server or scope options by going to dhcp console.

Please help guide.I am using virtual hyper-v machines for this practice test but i need to delploy machines soon in production may be

Re: please help,not able to multicast to wds

Why are you using 229.0.0.1 as an IP address?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Try reading this

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...94(WS.10).aspx

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Why are you using 229.0.0.1 as an IP address?

well, this is default option for multicast the server automatically gives it. right click the wds server and choose properties, it says on multicast tab use address from following range. my ip address range for dhcp is configured for 192.168.137.1 to 192.168.137.150. Since its multicasting ,I guess 229.0.0.1(default option on multicast tab of wds server properties) falls in range of multicasting address. Or if I can use dhcp then please guide me. Since I am using server 2008 r2, I please need the gui steps. Please help me.
        Last edited by naubahi; 23rd November 2011, 05:14.

Comment

not an admirer of this commandline configuration.Can you please guide me on gui steps to follow apart from steps I configured above. Gui are easy to remmeber and I can memorize them easily.Please help me, I am using server 2008r2

Comment

Did you read the link? -- it includes GUI and CLI options
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by naubahi View Post
              not an admirer of this commandline configuration.Can you please guide me on gui steps to follow apart from steps I configured above. Gui are easy to remmeber and I can memorize them easily.Please help me, I am using server 2008r2
              Best get used to it then as there are a whole heap of things that are done via the CLI rather than the GUI.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                Best get used to it then as there are a whole heap of things that are done via the CLI rather than the GUI.
                I tend to be of the opinion that doing things by commandline is actually an indicator that an administrator knows what they are doing, and not only that, knwos how to understand syntax.
                I'll actually spend the time learning how to do something by the command line, and doing that, rather than just using a GUI. (Where I can.)
                Last edited by tehcamel; 26th November 2011, 02:43.
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                  I tend to be of the opinion that doing things by commandline is actually an indicator that an administrator knows what they are doing, and not only that, knwos how to understand syntax.
                  I'll actually spend the time learning how to do something by the command line, and doing that, rather than just using a GUI. (Where I can.)

Comment

Working...
                  X