Creating Tasks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Tasks

I have a bunch of tasks on several servers which run as domain\administrator.

What I've done is setup another user and added them to the domain admin group because I want to seperate the main administrator account from several types of task.

When I logged to a server as domain administrator, created a new task to test, it said it could not create because of account possiblly being unknown, wrong password, etc.

So the next thing I did was to login as said domain account and create the task and all was fine, as was the create and execution.

I then logged back in as newly created account and created another, and this created fine this time.

Is this because I hadn't logged into the server which creates a domain profile for said user because I'm sure that was not the case with 2000/3 (could be wrong though from memory)?

Re: Creating Tasks

Originally posted by marcopolo View Post
    I have a bunch of tasks on several servers which run as domain\administrator.

What I've done is setup another user and added them to the domain admin group because I want to seperate the main administrator account from several types of task.

When I logged to a server as domain administrator, created a new task to test, it said it could not create because of account possiblly being unknown, wrong password, etc.

So the next thing I did was to login as said domain account and create the task and all was fine, as was the create and execution.

I then logged back in as newly created account and created another, and this created fine this time.

Is this because I hadn't logged into the server which creates a domain profile for said user because I'm sure that was not the case with 2000/3 (could be wrong though from memory)?
    Would it not be better for you if you create a service account and add it to that task to Run as . This way you do not have to log on any server for the task to initiate. Just a thought if you like it.

Comment

Re: Creating Tasks

this is, essentially, what he has done.

You may need to, via policy, allow "logon as a service" and "logon as a batch job" to allow the account to run the tasks.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X