Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grant local user account permission to install software

Hi,

I have a stand-alone W2K8 server where i created a local user account for our vendor. I added this local user account to Power Users group, but they are unable to install any software or stop/start services for their app.

Do you know how i can grant the local account rights to perform these functions? is there setting in the local security policy?

Thanks

Re: grant local user account permission to install software

You could try the Server Operators group, otherwise Local Admin or look into User Rights
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You could try the Server Operators group, otherwise Local Admin or look into User Rights
      Hi,

Server Operator groups does not exist on the server. I believe that exist only on DC servers?

I checked User Rights assignment, but nothing there struck me as helping the problem.

Thx

Comment

You are correct

For simplicity, do you trust the vendor enough to make them a local admin?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X