Which application is hogging memory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which application is hogging memory

I have a windows 2008 server X 64 Bit. The server has been performing quite slowly in the past few days. The response time while accessing its resources has gone down drastically. I know how to use performance monitor & make out what the values say but my manager wants to get a simplistic graph or data values which shows what application is using the maximum amount of memory & at what intervals. Is that possible? If yes then can I get a detailed layout on what needs to be done.

Re: Which application is hogging memory

In 2008 you've got you performance monitor that can show you which process is responsible. Add a counter for the process in a new Data collector set

Comment

Thanks mate, yup I know that one but again it will not give the name of application which is using max memory at what intervals.

It could be that I am not using correct counters, can you tell me the counters combination.

Scenario: I want to know if my AV is using max memory at say midnight or start of day or mid day

Comment

Have you had a look at Process Monitor?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Downloaded it last evening & since then I've been playing around. Will let you know if that resolves my manager's hunger for over simplified graph. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X