Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k8 DC with 2 nics. 2nd nic for RDP only

Hi All,
    I have been asked to manage several VM's that are exact copies of each other.

Each VM has only a Win2008 DC with the same domain name as the last.

After the VM copied, the IP address of the 1st nic is changed to put it on a different subnet network for segregation.

The second nic IP is used as a management interface from a different IP network.

How do i configure the second nic on the Win2008R2 DC for RDP access only, so that no AD traffic leaves the second nic.

Leaving the first nic to carry AD traffic (only within the VM itself) and preserve the network segregation?

thanks

ac427

Re: Win2k8 DC with 2 nics. 2nd nic for RDP only

Configure the Windows Firewall service?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Win2k8 DC with 2 nics. 2nd nic for RDP only

Originally posted by ac427 View Post
      Hi All,
      I have been asked to manage several VM's that are exact copies of each other.

Each VM has only a Win2008 DC with the same domain name as the last.

After the VM copied, the IP address of the 1st nic is changed to put it on a different subnet network for segregation.

The second nic IP is used as a management interface from a different IP network.

How do i configure the second nic on the Win2008R2 DC for RDP access only, so that no AD traffic leaves the second nic.

Leaving the first nic to carry AD traffic (only within the VM itself) and preserve the network segregation?

thanks

ac427
      Advanced firewall create a rule that allows rdp incoming connection on the second nic. First rename Nics to make it easier for yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X