Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot delete file showing using by another program in server 2008 r2

Hello All,

Hope you will give me good support. I am going to tell my full history please be patient,

i have a setup with 60 computer connected with windows server 2008 r2, all users have sharing folder need to share with other. but most of the time being happen that one user giving file on share folder another user cannot move files on his computer, says file is using by another program. that time i need to logon my server and try to delete the file. same massage here. i use processexplore to unlock that folder/file. but its too time consuming, if one folder contains with 50 files then i need to unlock all files one by one. I tried using unlocker, but it happen blue screen most of time. also when i setup unlocker my antivirus says its a virus.

colclusion is i donot want to use unloacker and processexplore is time consuming for me. if you have any way to solve this then please update me. it will be very helpful for me.

best to all

Re: I cannot delete file showing using by another program in server 2008 r2

I don't have access to a 2008 R2 screen right now but the attached image is from a Windows 7 one and they should be similar. Have a look and see if you can close all open files in one hit. Click the first one then hold the SHIFT key and click the last open file or click one file the CTRL + A to select them all. Right click the selected files and left click Disconnect all open files.

Click image for larger version

Name:	win7-close-open-files.png
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	466372

If this fails to work then please advise what is the file type. Word, spreadsheet, database etc
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hello,

thanks a lot for showing the way. but little bit problem on this. as i said i have 50 computer around connected with server. some one copy files someone uploading to web from reading directly from server. when i disconnect all open files then other user going to lost connection such as one upload was running which lost and need to start again. happens file missing. someone copy a folder. if i tht time someone coping a folder with 100 files on middle goes stuck, need connect again and work that again.

i was looking something else like unlocker, but want not to use unlocker. also today again i setup unlocker and for server 2008 r2 version it shows no file being handle. like one software which i put on search option then there will be like unlock or free handle.

best

Comment

you should be able to select invididual (or using shift + cntrl) files, and disconnect open files that way as well, iirc.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Sounds like you need to install Groove. That was designed for this scenario.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X