WDS nic driver for Dell Latitude E6320

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDS nic driver for Dell Latitude E6320

I have set up WDS on a Windows 2008 R2 server and want to deploy Windows 7 to several Dell Latitude E6320's. Everytime the laptop boots I get the 'matching network card driver was not found' error. I have added the most recent NIC driver package from the Dell site (and tried others as well) for this laptop but get the same thing. Has anyone had success using WDS and this model of laptop, or can anyone point me to the correct driver that I can add to the WDS server that will work?

Any help totally appreciated!

Thanks.

Re: WDS nic driver for Dell Latitude E6320

Hey Folks. I figured this out so disregard unless anyone is having the same problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Would you care to share the solution with us so others can learn from your experiences?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was using scenario 1 from the following documentation
        http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...56(WS.10).aspx

But the drivers still were not found. After more research I found out that I needed to manually add the driver package to the boot file in WDS by right-clicking on the file and selecting 'Add driver package to image'.

The above documentation doesn't say anything about that, but it does say "Computers will only install those packages that match the Plug and Play hardware." Not sure why that would be the problem with a brand new laptop?

So that was it.

Comment

Sharing your solution is much appreciated. I am sure this will help someone else at some time in the future.

Seem to recall on a different site that Dell seems to have this problem with WDS. I can't remember the model just that there were Dells.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Along with the problem Dell has with non-Dell hardware, OOB drivers and more or less anything that makes a network admins life easier in the rest of the IT world
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X