Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iis Simple issue ?

Hi all

I am wanting to serve out some pages from a w2k8r2 server, its all working, but I have a tiny issue, which I am sure is simple to fix for someone who knows how..

I have the it set to pull the home page from e:\webfiles and everything in that folder gets published fine

if I have sub folders below this the files in these folder dont get published it just gives errors that the files are not there or have been removed

it shows the correct path and files in the error.

So I am assuming its a permission thing? I cant seem to find where to fix this

so I am currently running it all from one directory and I would like to seperate out the directories as I have pictures being copied to be served out by the minute so the folder is getting cluttered

I hope that makes sense ?

thanks

Cliff
    Last edited by cliffb; 26th October 2011, 21:22.

Re: iis Simple issue ?

Assuming that the permissions on the parent server are correct, make sure that permissions inheritance for child folders is enabled.

Comment

Re: iis Simple issue ?

Hi

I set the user as the administrator for the file rights, but not sure how to check the permissions on lower level folders? or where to check the inheritance flow

thanks

Cliff

Comment

Working...
      X