Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow a user to shadow remote sessions, without admin rights

Hi,

We are running a terminal server environment, with a mixture of Server 2003/2008 operating systems.

I have a staff member who provides some basic support to staff, and would like to shadow other users and their terminal server session. I do not want to give this user full admin rights, as they are not very technical and could do a lot of damage without realising it.

Is it possible to give her the ability to remote the sessions, without making her an admin? This user usually works inside one of our 2008 terminal servers.

If not, do you recommend any remote support tools you can use internally that does not go out over the web, only through the LAN? I assume that would be the only other option? (Preferably a free / cheap option)

Re: Allow a user to shadow remote sessions, without admin rights

Yes, it is possible.

On the RDP protocol properties (from TS or RDS Configuration) Add the user with the following permissions:

Set the Allow permission for all permissions of the RDP protocol. This will allow the user to log on to the TS/RDS server and use TS/RDS Manager to shadow (remote control, disconnect, logoff, etc.) other users without being an administrator.

Comment

Re: Allow a user to shadow remote sessions, without admin rights

Sorry for the late reply, but this worked perfectly!

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X