Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k8 Ent as ADC for Win2K3

Hi all,
    I want to change an existing multihomed Win2k3 environment with Win2k8 as ADC for active directory validation and DNS.
    But I dont have much experience of adding an ADC via Active Directory Sites and services of Win2k3/Win2k8?
    Please could any one guide me with the steps. I've attached a pdf with network diagram for better explanation.
    Also am not sure of what should be the default GW for the new ADC (192.168.1.10 or 192.168.1.100)
    Ideally I want it to be 192.168.1.10 but then how do I define the site link?
    What steps I need to follow to add subnet to win2k3.
    Also do I need to join the new Win2k8 machine into domain from 192.168.0.10 then migrate over to other site? If not what steps shall I follow?

Routers uses Eigrp.

Regards,
    kuldeep
    Attached Files

Re: Win2k8 Ent as ADC for Win2K3

Get a consultant.

What AD experience do you have already?

You will have no difficulty adding an additional DC in a site and moving it to a new one.
    If your site to site VPNs are already present, you will have no difficulty creating it in a new site if you want.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Tom,
      Thanks for reply...
      I've perform some migrations and setup domain environment from scratch.. I've also added few ADC within the same networks but this is my first time to use one on different subnet.. I've gone though the documentation.. Got a fair bit of idea.. but don't really want to followup Microsoft doc blindly.. (due to time factor cant perform extensive testing)..
      If these sites were not connected directly via LAN.. I'd have gone the VPN way.. But I want to use the LAN to perform the replication instead of any site-to-site VPN.. As I can't find any specific documentation for this senario, am expecting some config help.. Cheers...

Comment

If I understand you correctly, you want to create the DC on your LAN then ship it to the new site?
        If so, no problems -- you may need to move it in ADSS
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X