Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect remote member server to ADC over site-to-site VPN

Hello all,

I would like to connect a member 2k8r2 server (across site-to-site vpn) to our HQ 2k8r2 server (AD, DNS, DHCP). I've changed my remote server dns to point to the ADC's dns, and have successfully joined the member server to the domain.

On the HQ (ADC) server, I had configure/added the subnet to AD Sites and Services.

Headquarter - 10.189.10.0/24 255.255.255.0
    Gateway - 10.189.10.1
    DNS/DHCP/AD - 10.189.10.20 (w2k8-adc-hq.mydomain.local)

Remote Site - 10.189.20.0/24 255.255.255.0
    Gateway - 10.189.20.1
    Member Server - 10.189.20.20 (w2k8-srv1-hq.mydomain.local)

I would like to run *only* DHCP and DNS roles at the remote site to service client pcs (less than 5 Win7 pcs). At the same time would be able to access both HQ and Remote Server services (e.g file sharing, etc..)

Do I just add the roles to the member server? is there any other configuration I am missing? or you can recommend?

Thanks for the help!!!

Tuck B.

Re: Connect remote member server to ADC over site-to-site VPN

DHCP is no problem -- just add the role "as usual"

For DNS you could create a non-AD integrated DNS server but IMHO you would be better off making it a RODC (Read Only DC) as this offers better security, AD integrated DNS and takes some load off your main DC, without compromising the server or AD

will help you more on this.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have come across a thorough article about Win 2k8 vpn, worth giving it a read - http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...ver-Part1.html

Comment

Much appreciated Toona & Ossian!!

Comment

Working...
        X