Find all licensing servers in the domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find all licensing servers in the domain

Is there a method in which I can get a list of all RDS/Terminal Server licensing servers in the domain?

The licensing servers are a mix of 2003 and 2008 R2 servers.

I looked at this method:
    Open ADSI Edit tool*
    Select the "CN=Configuration" node
    Again select the "CN=Sites"
    Open the node of the site, where one wishes to publish the License Server
    Open the "CN= TS-Enterprise-License-Server" Object in right hand panel of the UI
    Select "siteServer" Attribute and click "Edit"
    Select the License Server name under the heading "Value"
    And forwarded the results to my manager but he says this information is incorrect. I checked every site in AD using the above method. Thanks.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Find all licensing servers in the domain

Ask your manager what form of psychic powers he is using that makes him more accurate than AD?

How many sites and servers are we talking about?
    For 2008 Powershell will give you installed roles/features and I'm pretty sure there is something in WMI that will tell you the same for 2003
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Find all licensing servers in the domain

I thought so. He hasn't got a clue how many license servers there are in the domain, but in the APAC region we have around 10 sites so far and I checked each one using the above method.

I just wanted to make sure I was using the correct method of finding any and all license servers and it seems that the ADSIEDIT method *IS* the correct method according to your comments. Thanks for the support!
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

Working...
      X