Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reaching problem

Hi everybody,

I have a frustrated problem about reaching the websites which are located on my windows 2008 server.

Although there is no so many traffic, the websites arent opened for new IPs. I recognize that when i used proxy which is changed my ip and the result i was not able to reach the website. when i turn the proxy off. yes. i was able to open the website.

What do i have to do? any regedit change? any limit change? I dont know.

I hope I could explain myself.

Thanks,

Re: reaching problem

Sorry, can you explain a bit more clearly

The sites (many) are on a local server
    How are you handling multiple site addresses -- host headers or IPs?

Without the Proxy Server, no issues, with it on, problems -- have you tried flushing its cache?
    (Which proxy is it?)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

I will explain it again with trying clear English.. sorry for it.

I am not a server manager. I am just a coder.
      So i hired a dedicated server to host my websites
      > the server: Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition x64

The dedicated provider did not do any settings or optimization on the server. So I had to do some changes on the server for high availability.

But I guess there is a limitation on IPs. Because when i changed my ip with a proxy program i was able to enter the site. when i closed the proxy program i was able to enter the site.

I did some research. what do i have to do for TCP/IP concurrent connections?
      I changed from regedit SharedSection=1024,20480,768 to SharedSection=1024,20480,2048 .
      Actually i dont know what i am doing what is sbm?

Also one more question? Where could i hire a windows 2008 server manager?

I hope i could explain it clearly.

thank you

Comment

If you want to run multiple web sites on IIS on one (or a limited number) of IPs, go to and search for "host headers"
        http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...gc.r_pw.&cad=b
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X